PV CYCLE UK, as the only dedicated compliance provider for the PV sector, enables Producers to achieve their WEEE compliance and brings a tailor-made, one-stop-solution to the photovoltaic (PV) industry.
The following companies are classified as Producers under the new UK WEEE Regulations and are required to join a Producer Compliance Scheme (PCS) to meet their mandatory obligations:
- UK-based manufacturers of PV panels
- UK-based importers of PV panels
- UK-based rebranders of PV panels
- Submit data, on a quarterly basis, to the PCS of which you are a member
- Pay your “market share” obligation, calculated by the Environment Agency and based on UK WEEE collection target
- Register your company as a Producer with an approved UK Producer Compliance Scheme
- Mark your products with a crossed-out wheelie bin symbol and the Producer’s identification mark
- Inform treatment facilities of product’s composition and the potential use of hazardous materials
- Inform the end users on correct waste disposal
The “market share” obligation is calculated per category and per year.
Market share is = (total weight of your B2C PV panels placed on the UK market ÷ total weight of all B2C PV panels placed on the UK market ) x the collection target for PV panels.
Producers registered with PV CYCLE UK have the support of an experienced and industry-focused compliance provider. Our unique ability to represent the sector is unsurpassed and we have been successful in ensuring a pragmatic and sympathetic approach for PV panels under WEEE.
PV CYCLE UK’s dedicated approach brings a number of important advantages to PV Producers:
We understand the wider issues and challenges facing the PV sector and can deliver a hassle-free route to WEEE compliance.
Our non-profit but efficiency-led solution ensures best value compliance against for-profit waste management-led competitors.
PV CYCLE UK was created to protect the interests of PV Producers – not the waste management industry.
Our skilled and knowledgeable management team provide expert personal advice and guidance.
PV CYCLE UK covers the entire compliance, operational and administrative process for treating discarded panels, from Producer registration to take-back, transportation and recycling.
Tried & tested
Through our parent, PV CYCLE, we have the only fully operational system for all PV technologies across Europe having treated thousands of tonnes of PV WEEE.